Help: Pi3 sounds

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
DirtyBullets

Help: Pi3 sounds

Post by DirtyBullets » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Im almost done but im confused as hell about the sound wiring since im using this guide (thanks to wrote this btw but forgot to did this. please let me know)

cos I'm using the PI3 (no USB audio, just raw sounds from board jack) My question is how to make the headphone and speaker vol adjustable and say if i plug in headphones how to make the speaker mute, also why is the SW wired to the RPboard and how does this get its power without 5v input? i need the amp to amp the headphones and speaker (vice verse) because i am deaf. :roll:

maybe someone can do me another guide on this? :mrgreen:

Fleder

Re: Help: Pi3 sounds

Post by Fleder » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:25 am

Hey there,

you can try my wiring.
It works for me. Still having some volume issues, but i think that is the cranky original potentiometer.
[spoiler="audio wiring"]Image[/spoiler]

DirtyBullets

Post by DirtyBullets » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:42 pm

@Fleder first thanks :)

cos i have a stereo amp how would i wire this from the pot to the jack and add the speaker to it cos i see its mono but how do i go around with the blue wire to make it stereo?

once i crack this i can finish this cos the speaker just turned up :P and the Pi3 might get done before the first gameboy zero lol :mrgreen:

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:20 pm

DirtyBullets wrote:@Fleder first thanks :)

cos i have a stereo amp how would i wire this from the pot to the jack and add the speaker to it cos i see its mono but how do i go around with the blue wire to make it stereo?

once i crack this i can finish this cos the speaker just turned up :P and the Pi3 might get done before the first gameboy zero lol :mrgreen:
You want to have stereo on the headphones and mono on the speaker?
Well, i would say, wire the channels from your USB DAC to the correct pins on the amp.
This should be self explaining. L+, L-, R+, R- and so on.
But after this, i am not sure and can't test right now, sorry.
You could check out my guide on the audio jack: http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=701
This should give you a hint on how to wire this to make it work.

If you are unsure, i will take a look tomorrow, when i get back home to test it.
But in theory, you just have to see that your wires from the amp go to the corresponding pins on the jack, so they will connect to the right areas on the audio plug, when plugged in.