[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Ford873

Re: [For Sale] Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio(Worldwide)

Post by Ford873 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:51 am

Same for me as well, def won't be after a refund. Appreciate the offer though.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:04 pm

pixelplus wrote:
Helder wrote:I have some done some more testing and it might be much simpler than expected and with speaker cutoff once headphones plugged it. I will have info soon!

I could be wrong but isn't the headphone-board responsible for cutting off the speaker when something is plugged in? shouldn't be any difference if the signal come from original mainboard or your board or am I missing somethin? (probably :lol:)

Thanks for trying to find a fix.
With the current mistake there aren't appropriate pads to have all available connections to make this happen easy so I'm seeing what can be done to fix it easily and still have the function of the amplifier to the speaker and also cut it off when headphones go into it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Sparx52

Post by Sparx52 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Hey @ Helder correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't we solder a wore from the lifted pin to its corresponding speaker ground. Since the original pin was soldered to common ground couldn't we make a jumper so to speak

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Ok so I got an image up of how to connect the whole thing up on the first post, this makes it so the speaker and headphone are amplified (the headphones are really loud!) and the speaker shuts off when headphones are inserted and have proper stereo output.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Helder wrote:Ok so I got an image up of how to connect the whole thing up on the first post, this makes it so the speaker and headphone are amplified (the headphones are really loud!) and the speaker shuts off when headphones are inserted and have proper stereo output.
Will we still need to lift the two pins on the amp? What is the purpose of the optional part?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Yes lift the pins like in the image, you then connect pin 3 to the other points on the headphone. The optional part is there so you can solder the wire to the GND point once you isolate it by cutting the 4 points so you can then connect a wire from there to the orange point on the headphone.

The reason for this is that the leg is fragile so soldering it to that point makes less likely to break.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:57 am

So since most new orders will wait for the redesign I have an large lot of Plain PCBs that work fine with PWM if you populate it and for use with a Teensy like all the other blank boards being sold.

So to take clear up stock I've dropped the price of the plain PCBs temporarily to $5 to move them out a bit quicker.

Enix

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Enix » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:17 am

Will you have a complete board with jack and external slots on it? That will be great!

Enix

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Enix » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:39 am

Will you have a complete board with jack and external slots on it? That will be great!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:54 am

Audio jack? I was designing something right now but to add it to the controller PCB I can see about doing but it might increase cost quite a bit so I'll see which way is cheaper.

Oh the audio fix is for the faulty boards from the last batch, all current boards for this batch will get the redesign once I get them. I just don't want anyone who bought the last batch to be screwed over my mistake.