[FOR SALE][Worldwide] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Rod2D2

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by Rod2D2 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:26 pm

Wermy, I received my bracket. I know its a small thing but it seems like it will fit just right in the case and should make that part of the project much cleaner. I wonder what else could be printed to clean up the project? Thanks again.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Rod2D2 wrote:Wermy, I received my bracket. I know its a small thing but it seems like it will fit just right in the case and should make that part of the project much cleaner. I wonder what else could be printed to clean up the project? Thanks again.
Glad it got there alright! Yep, I really hated how messy and tedious that part of the project was (even though it worked)! This saves at least an hour or more of frustration.

As far as other parts, one thing a couple people have mentioned is the button wells for the X/Y buttons (even though they don't really seem to be necessary). So I'm thinking about that one. Other than that I'm not sure - maybe some inserts for raising up a few bits like the headphone jack, USB charging port, etc? I dunno.

Assuming all goes as planned the next project will benefit a TON from 3D printed parts. :)
ImageImageImageImage

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:10 am

wermy wrote:As far as other parts, one thing a couple people have mentioned is the button wells for the X/Y buttons (even though they don't really seem to be necessary). So I'm thinking about that one. Other than that I'm not sure - maybe some inserts for raising up a few bits like the headphone jack, USB charging port, etc? I dunno.

Assuming all goes as planned the next project will benefit a TON from 3D printed parts. :)
I was also thinking about a well for the x/y buttons, so they don't stick out more than the original ones.
I'll be working on a 3d drawing for that, but i don't know when i'll be drawing that up.
Idea will be something with a couple of lips to glue it in, so it holds the buttons in place like the original locations.
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

Lanceomni

Post by Lanceomni » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:47 am

I'd be interested in purchasing button wells if someone wants to take the time to design/print them.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:49 am

Lanceomni wrote:I'd be interested in purchasing button wells if someone wants to take the time to design/print them.
I'm planning to take a crack at it this weekend. :D
ImageImageImageImage

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:54 am

wermy wrote:
Lanceomni wrote:I'd be interested in purchasing button wells if someone wants to take the time to design/print them.
I'm planning to take a crack at it this weekend. :D
Then you'll beat me to it.... Lol
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

username 123

Post by username 123 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:55 pm

What about something on the back for the L and R buttons from a snes controller? Something that already has the hinges and all you have to do is cut out the button holes and glue this button holder down. Maybe even some built in slot for the contact pads to slide into.
I would even settle for a four round button bracket instead of the L R type of buttons. Like two round snes button on the back on each side where your pointer and middle fingers would sit while playing.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:44 pm

username 123 wrote:What about something on the back for the L and R buttons from a snes controller? Something that already has the hinges and all you have to do is cut out the button holes and glue this button holder down. Maybe even some built in slot for the contact pads to slide into.
I would even settle for a four round button bracket instead of the L R type of buttons. Like two round snes button on the back on each side where your pointer and middle fingers would sit while playing.
There's an interesting idea... :)

FYI there is a thread already going where folks have been discussing what 3D-printed parts we could make: http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=508
ImageImageImageImage

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Alright, I should be all caught up again with shipping these out. If you bought one but didn't get an email from me, shoot me a PM!

Also, I had someone send me a picture of theirs after it arrived, and the tops of the bracket had punched through the envelope (I put a few layers of paper in front of it, and the lady at the post office said they'd be hand-sorted rather than a machine, so I thought it would be fine). It didn't appear to be damaged but if yours gets there and it is damaged, of course let me know! I'll add something more sturdy to future shipments.

And for those of you who asked about button wells, here you go! :)
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=923
ImageImageImageImage

Synapse

Post by Synapse » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Could you ship to Canada?