How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
Kory

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Kory » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 am

I am having issues where the raspberry pi is powered by the HDMI for varying lengths of time before randomly rebooting. Does anyone have a solution for this?

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:03 am

Kory wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 am
I am having issues where the raspberry pi is powered by the HDMI for varying lengths of time before randomly rebooting. Does anyone have a solution for this?
You may suffer lack of power... try with directly powering via micro usb from a wall plug. If the problem disappear, then the problem is either your HDMI cable or the TV.
The test with another TV that can deliver power trough HDMI, if it works, the problem is the other TV not giving enough power.

Kory

Post by Kory » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:36 am

YaYa wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:03 am
Kory wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 am
You may suffer lack of power... try with directly powering via micro usb from a wall plug. If the problem disappear, then the problem is either your HDMI cable or the TV.
The test with another TV that can deliver power trough HDMI, if it works, the problem is the other TV not giving enough power.
So I tested the parts and it does appear to be my HDMI cable. To fix this do I just get a shorter cable?