Mass Producing All-in-One PCB Boards

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
ObnoxiousBishop

Mass Producing All-in-One PCB Boards

Post by ObnoxiousBishop » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:55 am

After seeing the YouTube videos wermy made regarding the GameBoy Zero, I felt overwhelmed by the project and then I discovered Helder's and Kite's All-in-One PCB Boards.

Ready to get started on my own, I found that they quickly have sold out of the very limited units and no sight to be found on the next batch to come (although I'm sure they will). It's left my project at a halt.

I'm just wondering, being new to all of this, what would it require for these PCB boards to be mass produced?

I understand the labour, time, money and materials behind it, but from what they have now to what they need, how much would they need to do it?

I'd love to be able to just pick a couple up off the market every few months to just build for friends and family.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Mass Producing All-in-One PCB Boards

Post by Helder » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:25 am

There are always user feedback that we use to improve or implement things but one thing people seem to forget is prototypes take time to design and arrive then test and tweak. Just the mintyPi has taken almost 4 weeks going back and forth with ordering parts and making pcb changes and then having them made and shipped to me and this is a simple board by design in comparison to the AIO boards.

I don't see this being a long term item and it's more of a novelty so having tons of expensive boards on hand that aren't moving is just money wasted in my opinion, I will supply the demand as long as there is demand but not go overkill especially when there are always ways to improve things.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Redeye

Re: Mass Producing All-in-One PCB Boards

Post by Redeye » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Kite. Any chance you are going to be selling more Saio boards? I would love to try and make a GBZ.