[Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

If you'd like to gauge interest in an idea before putting it into production, do it here!
User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 749 times

[Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:53 pm

See Here For Sales Information
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5103



I have about 15 of each of these back button boards that use the nice, soft silicone buttons. You get that silicone membrane feel without the hassle of a buttons wells or membranes. The boards mount to the back case of the GB and mount using the existing case screw mounts. Note, that you won't be able to use a cartridge holder with these but you can still use a dummy cartridge. This should work with Kites board but I haven't tested 100% yet.

There are two versions, one for two buttons and one for four. The caps used are the standard 12mm ones that come in a variety of colors. Only a small modification to the caps are needed and a supplied 3d insert for the caps is whats needed plus the small mounting screws.

Here are some preliminary photos of what I have.
1.jpg
1.jpg (46.72 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
More Pictures Two Button BoardShow
2 .jpg
2 .jpg (77.64 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (66.76 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
Ignore the out of alignment top holes. Its just a test case.
4.JPG
4.JPG (139.5 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
More Pictures Four Button BoardShow
5.JPG
5.JPG (78.24 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
6.JPG
6.JPG (70.09 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
7.JPG
7.JPG (78.5 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
Please let me know your guys thoughts. I only have the stated amounts and just wish to flush out what I have so when there gone, there gone. Thanks!

Korhal
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:36 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by Korhal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:43 pm

I’m interested in a 4 button board for my SAO build in the coming months. I think it looks sweet and I like where you placed the extra 2 buttons.

User avatar
kite
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 341 times
Been thanked: 2050 times
Contact:

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by kite » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:19 am

These look great! I like the 4 button one I think that's a great design!

smoothoperator
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by smoothoperator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am

I want one of those 4 button boards Hoolyhoo. How do we make it happen?

User avatar
gilbertotron
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 am
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by gilbertotron » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:18 am

METOO! They look deadly!

cobramike
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Gelderland, Netherlands
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by cobramike » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:37 am

Shut up and take my money!!!!
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 749 times

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 am

smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am
I want one of those 4 button boards Hoolyhoo. How do we make it happen?
Ok, What I have available to ship as a kit in the 4 button version is the 4 button board, 4 soft silicone switches, 4 3d printed inserts for caps, 2 lower posts 3d printed washers, and drill guide. The inserts are placed inside the caps and takes away any slop in the buttons and the washers are provided so trimming the lower cartridge posts are not necessary. I do not have the caps or screws available unfortunately but are readily available from various suppliers (Ebay, AliExpress, Banggood, Amazon) very cheaply. Sorry about that. The buttons come unsoldered but very easy to place if you need me to do it, just PM me.

This is what I can ship now but like I said earlier, I have a limited supply so first come first serve. Here is what I would ship.
F0CF338E-20FC-4A5F-A78B-9E7A48B1EC4D.jpeg
F0CF338E-20FC-4A5F-A78B-9E7A48B1EC4D.jpeg (346.53 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
The 4 button board would be $15 plus $3.50 shipping US with tracking or $5.00 International with no tracking. If this is Ok with you guys I will make a new thread with PayPal link. Please let me know.

cobramike
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Gelderland, Netherlands
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by cobramike » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:09 am

You have a PM. lol Thanks
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

smoothoperator
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by smoothoperator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 am
smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am
I want one of those 4 button boards Hoolyhoo. How do we make it happen?
Ok, What I have available to ship as a kit in the 4 button version is the 4 button board, 4 soft silicone switches, 2 3d printed inserts for caps, 2 lower posts 3d printed washers, and drill guide. The inserts are placed inside the caps and takes away any slop in the buttons and the washers are provided so trimming the lower cartridge posts are not necessary. I do not have the caps or screws available unfortunately but are readily available from various suppliers (Ebay, AliExpress, Banggood, Amazon) very cheaply. Sorry about that. The buttons come unsoldered but very easy to place if you need me to do it, just PM me.

This is what I can ship now but like I said earlier, I have a limited supply so first come first serve. Here is what I would ship.

F0CF338E-20FC-4A5F-A78B-9E7A48B1EC4D.jpeg

The 4 button board would be $15 plus $3.50 shipping US with tracking or $5.00 International with no tracking. If this is Ok with you guys I will make a new thread with PayPal link. Please let me know.
Looks great! I'm ready to give you my money!

User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 749 times

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:56 pm

smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm
HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 am
smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am
I want one of those 4 button boards Hoolyhoo. How do we make it happen?
Ok, What I have available to ship as a kit in the 4 button version is the 4 button board, 4 soft silicone switches, 2 3d printed inserts for caps, 2 lower posts 3d printed washers, and drill guide. The inserts are placed inside the caps and takes away any slop in the buttons and the washers are provided so trimming the lower cartridge posts are not necessary. I do not have the caps or screws available unfortunately but are readily available from various suppliers (Ebay, AliExpress, Banggood, Amazon) very cheaply. Sorry about that. The buttons come unsoldered but very easy to place if you need me to do it, just PM me.

This is what I can ship now but like I said earlier, I have a limited supply so first come first serve. Here is what I would ship.

F0CF338E-20FC-4A5F-A78B-9E7A48B1EC4D.jpeg

The 4 button board would be $15 plus $3.50 shipping US with tracking or $5.00 International with no tracking. If this is Ok with you guys I will make a new thread with PayPal link. Please let me know.
Looks great! I'm ready to give you my money!
Thanks! PM with your PayPal address and I will invoice you . Not too many left so I will do it this way until I run out of them. Thanks again.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests