Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Share your STL files, CAD design files, etc. here!
jcarpfishman
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by jcarpfishman » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:59 pm

PM sent! :)

ThersiT
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by ThersiT » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi HoolyHoo, I don't have a 3d printer either, would you be willing to print up this part along with some of your other designs for me?

User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:03 pm

ThersiT wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm
Hi HoolyHoo, I don't have a 3d printer either, would you be willing to print up this part along with some of your other designs for me?
Sure, send me a PM.

tlxxxsracer
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:54 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by tlxxxsracer » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:43 pm

I had someone locally print this and doesnt seem to sit up against the mode button. Also sits higher so the button actually doesnt sit inside the hole of the DMG case.
What could be the issue?

User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:06 pm

tlxxxsracer wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:43 pm
I had someone locally print this and doesnt seem to sit up against the mode button. Also sits higher so the button actually doesnt sit inside the hole of the DMG case.
What could be the issue?
You have to make sure you soldered the mode button at the right height to be even with the hole. I had to desolder my mode button on my build to get it right. I think kite sends the mode button unsoldered now for that reason I believe. Also did you print the additional little support that goes behind the button also? It gives the button support for when you press it.

RTBoston
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by RTBoston » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Would love to grab one of these but haven't been a member long enough to PM.

User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 am

RTBoston wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:47 pm
Would love to grab one of these but haven't been a member long enough to PM.
You should be able to now. :)

RTBoston
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by RTBoston » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:25 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 am
RTBoston wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:47 pm
Would love to grab one of these but haven't been a member long enough to PM.
You should be able to now. :)
Sent. Much appreciated.

User avatar
mrdude42
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:04 am
Location: New York City
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Contact:

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by mrdude42 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:08 am
The solution to the later is to unsolder the mode button and replace it with similar one to where the stem is about 2mm longer.
Any more info on which size tactile switch I should buy for this?

User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:04 am

mrdude42 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm
HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:08 am
The solution to the later is to unsolder the mode button and replace it with similar one to where the stem is about 2mm longer.
Any more info on which size tactile switch I should buy for this?
I don’t unfortunately. It’s been a while since I’ve built it. I had bought a variety pack that had an assortment of sizes and used the one that fit best. Never took notice as to the actual length.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests