This is what you get in the kit:
- The AIO board - this contains everything you need to get the whole thing working!
- Blank game cartridge
- GBA-SP speaker
- Volume slider and plastic cap
- USB port
- Headphone jack
- Screen ribbon cable
- Pin headers for assembly
Benefits of using this AIO kit:
- No finicky wiring to try to fit in the tiny SP shell, everything is already there
- Everything incorporated into the circuit board, creating a very compact design allowing for a large battery to be installed -> Longer play time!
- I2S audio driver sounds much better than the normal PWM output
- Headphone jack option! Automatically switches between headphone and speaker operation
- Safe shutdown is performed using the normal SP power switch
- Battery monitoring is performed using a dedicated IC, which is much more accurate than the normal voltage measurement method
- On screen battery indicator can be toggled on and off using the brightness button
- Red LED will turn on when battery is low, will begin blinking when critically low
- Hold the brightness button for 2 seconds, the blue LED will begin blinking, and the up and down D pad buttons become brightness control for the screen. Hold the brightness button again to return to normal.
- Full size USB port! Allows you to plug in a keyboard to change WiFi passwords, or use a USB stick to transfer ROMs
- Power circuitry allows you to play and charge at the same time
Example GBA-SPi ZeroShow
There is also a manual for how to build the GBA-SPi:
Build Manual for v1.0
The newest version up for pre-order is v1.1, which makes soldering the micro-usb power board, and USB port boards much easier, and makes the volume slider more secure. It will also include a drill guide for where to put the X and Y button holes. Keep this in mind when reviewing the v1.0 build manual! The manual describes the additional pieces required to complete this build.
This pre-order will stay open for 3 weeks, or until my initial limit of 20 boards is reached, whichever happens first. This is a pre-order, the boards are not built yet so they will not ship immediately. When the pre-order is over, I will contact everyone with an expected timeline for board deliveries. If this round of orders goes smoothly, I will open other pre-orders in the future.
Thanks everyone for taking a look! This is a very creative community, I look forward to seeing what everyone can do with this kit.