[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
JMCastle
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:39 am

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by JMCastle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am

Popping in to see if anything changed here. Just passed my 1 year mark since I ordered the game it. Still no product or refund. Can I get a response?

TeeReQs
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:17 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by TeeReQs » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:36 am

I haven't heard anything on mine. Ordered September of Last year. Reached out to Rich 2 weeks ago for an order update, but haven't heard anything back yet.

superbuzz
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by superbuzz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm

Not exactly the same, but similar - you can check out the Gaboze Pocaio - it's another GBZ for gameboy pocket. 2.6" screen and all that jazz. no on board ADC though. Think Tindie is out of stock and has been for a while, but the gerbers (board design files) are available on github.
Spyder wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:53 am
I wonder if you can get just the blank board from someone else. I'd be interested in just that personally.

User avatar
Spyder
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Spyder » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:26 am

superbuzz wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm
Not exactly the same, but similar - you can check out the Gaboze Pocaio - it's another GBZ for gameboy pocket. 2.6" screen and all that jazz. no on board ADC though. Think Tindie is out of stock and has been for a while, but the gerbers (board design files) are available on github.
Spyder wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:53 am
I wonder if you can get just the blank board from someone else. I'd be interested in just that personally.
I actually have a few blank boards for that already. I'm waiting for my new screen to come in before I place my digikey order again. I would've wanted this one for the safe shutdown capability

SelanirO
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:23 am

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by SelanirO » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm

SelanirO wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:48 am
I have ordered bare PCBs (completely bare) that are listed as in stock, they were shipped two days later. Unfortunately, the shipment company has lost the parcel in their warehouse. It has been stuck in processing as seen in track&trace site for the last month and a half. During this time I have been trying to resolve this with them through email, they keep promising to look at it and then do nothing ...

I am posting this in hope that one of the sales managers will contact me to resolve this.

EDIT:

Just a few hours after posting this I got an email from Galaxy Gaming confirming that they got a confirmation from the shipment provider that the package is lost. They are sending me a new one. It seems they were actually in contact with the shipment provider and awaiting their response. So they were not doing nothing, perhaps simply a combination of bad luck and a bit of miscommunication between us.
Well, I cheered too fast. They promised to send it and I have been waiting for a tracking code and the new parcel for the last two weeks. I have sent four emails over the course of these weeks. Unfortunately no response yet.

superbuzz
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by superbuzz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:19 am

Oh yup - must've been half asleep and not noticed your sig :lol:
I'm sure a soft shutdown could be added to the gaboze..might look ugly cuz the pcb traces would probs need to be cut and rewired..but main thing is would have to be done by someone handy on the software side of things...

As a side note, the buttons on your gaboze round 2 pcbs look different to what I have (looking at your instagram picture of PCBs). Yours seems to have spirals for ABXY and your start/sel and D pad have chunky pads. Was this a modification you made yourself?
Spyder wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:26 am
superbuzz wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm
Not exactly the same, but similar - you can check out the Gaboze Pocaio - it's another GBZ for gameboy pocket. 2.6" screen and all that jazz. no on board ADC though. Think Tindie is out of stock and has been for a while, but the gerbers (board design files) are available on github.
Spyder wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:53 am
I wonder if you can get just the blank board from someone else. I'd be interested in just that personally.
I actually have a few blank boards for that already. I'm waiting for my new screen to come in before I place my digikey order again. I would've wanted this one for the safe shutdown capability

User avatar
Spyder
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Spyder » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 am

superbuzz wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:19 am
Oh yup - must've been half asleep and not noticed your sig :lol:
I'm sure a soft shutdown could be added to the gaboze..might look ugly cuz the pcb traces would probs need to be cut and rewired..but main thing is would have to be done by someone handy on the software side of things...

As a side note, the buttons on your gaboze round 2 pcbs look different to what I have (looking at your instagram picture of PCBs). Yours seems to have spirals for ABXY and your start/sel and D pad have chunky pads. Was this a modification you made yourself?
Nope. Didn't make any mods to his files at all. Just ordered them from JLC and played the waiting game. :D

superbuzz
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by superbuzz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 pm

Huh interesting. The batch I ordered had the old style button designs maybe there's a newer revision of the files hmm
Spyder wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 am
Nope. Didn't make any mods to his files at all. Just ordered them from JLC and played the waiting game. :D

User avatar
Spyder
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Spyder » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:49 am

superbuzz wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 pm
Huh interesting. The batch I ordered had the old style button designs maybe there's a newer revision of the files hmm
Spyder wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 am
Nope. Didn't make any mods to his files at all. Just ordered them from JLC and played the waiting game. :D
It might just be how JLC made it. Now that I look at the pics by Eugene, the pads are different in his pic. The gerber I used was from May 2019.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest