Easy Beginner handheld Retropie Device Builds?

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
SkyCaptainHD

Re: Easy Beginner handheld Retropie Device Builds?

Post by SkyCaptainHD » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:32 pm

I ended up waiting a little bit to save up some money and then ordered the Waveshare Game Hat. It finally came in the mail yesterday. Will be setting it up this week.

SkyCaptainHD

Re: Easy Beginner handheld Retropie Device Builds?

Post by SkyCaptainHD » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Over the weekend I downloaded files for a case designed by zuendy on Thingiverse for my Waveshare Game Hat and had it printed by 3D Hubs. It was my first time getting something 3D Printed. I was surprised how fast it was printed, I uploaded the files and ordered it on Saturday Night and got it on Wednesday. It cost just a little over $40 to get it all printed (except the shorter anolog stick). Overall it the Design and Print came out pretty good. I just need to sand it down and paint it how I'd like it and I'm good to go.

The Waveshare Game Hat definitely needs a better case than the cheap acrylic top and bottom plate that it comes with. Overall I'm happy with the Waveshare Game Hat, the only thing I might want to do is change the clicky button switches to soft button switches.