After i was caught in a youtube clicking spree hopping from PSX mods to Sega Saturn cracked after 20 years videos i stumbeld uppon Wermy's Game Boy Zero Custom build vid. And it reminded me of my old Game Boy and how much fun i had with it. So i tought i could give my old Game Boy a second life with this modification. So i called my mom only to find out she threw it away years ago…
Since then I've been quietly lurking around this community, finding out what i need and were to get it from, it was finally time to build my own. And then i saw Kite's pre-order Post.
So i pre-ordered Kite's Circuit Sword and are now waiting for it to arrive. In the meanwhile i will ordering all the other parts that i will need for the build. And will start then with painting the shell.
FINISHED IT FINALLY
pics and video of splashscreen in below spoiler
I Hate Fairyland
To be printed:
- Custom cartridge box.
- Custom console box.
- Custom cartridge label.
- Custom FCC label and serialnr.
- 3D printed parts. (list from "Single origin parts set for Circuit Sword")
- Black translucent Game Boy Shell.
- SNES Series NES Style Custom Buttons in Blue, Green, Red and Yellow.
- Black Game Boy Zero Button Kit.
- Extra sillicone pads.
- Digital Volume rocker switch.
- Kite's Circuit Sword.
- Black/Colour Game Boy CM3 Border Glass.
- Mini hdmi to hdmi cable.
- Thermaltape for heatsink.
- water slide paper for laserprinter.
- Helder 4500Mah Gameboy Zero Megabat Battery.
- Black Game Boy cartridge.
Work in progress:
- Inlay for custom Game Boy Console box to hold the console in place.
- Apply decals to buttons
images i want have to much details...
- Apply decals to shell via water transfer paper
i have a clear shell and my printer cant print white so theres a problem.
- Template for creating custom Game Boy cartridge sticker.
- Designing decals for the shell.
- Template for creating custom Nintendo Support Sticker based on mike_louisxvi version. (text is editable)
- Template for creating custom Game Boy Console box. (base from nintandbox and used some elements from "Stock Template for cartridge by Veteran Gamer"
- Creating custom Game Boy cartridge packaging based on Template by Veteran Gamer.
- Designing Custom 3D buttons to match shell design.
- Custom theme for RetroPie.
- Custom splashscreen to compliment RetroPie theme and Game Boy shell.
- Sanding and clear coating Game Boy shell.
- Apply decals to shell and buttons
Previews for downloads:
repair sticker my version vs original nintendo couldn't get the phonenummer exactly the same but its close enough
test fitting parts:
lcd bracket fits but its not flat in the case...
New 3d printed parts that do fit:
sanded and clearcoated:
Soldering grinding test fitting etc:
water transfer decal test:
- console box file was to big so i had to split the file please rename and then extract with 7zip to make it one part again.
- barcode can be made here
settings: 400DPI, PNG, advanced >20 MM